We had big plans for this blog, but it seems as though posting has taken a back seat to actually doing the things we planned on posting about. I guess we're all walk and no talk. Not too bad if you ask us.
Here's a list of things we've made since our last post:
1. netbook case with matching power cord bag for Momo's school computer
2. small all-purpose bag (currently housing an ipod) for inside Momo's backpack
3. hang-around-the-house dress for Bobo to hang around the house in
4. med. size purse (from a man's deconstructed plaid blazer and dress shirt) for Bobo
5. restoration of a mother of pearl lapel pin (a birthday gift for a friend)
6. spork holder (also a birthday gift) for keeping a spork in one's purse
7. 3 pairs of underpants (from old tees) for Bobo
8. 2 pairs of dangly earrings for Bobo
We also purchased a Pfaff 230 sewing machine for Momo, complete with sewing table, at a yard sale for $30. It needed a good cleaning (it seems as though a family of alpacas was living inside of it), a foot controller, and a new machine belt (which we found on eBay for $40 total), so once we get it lugged into the house from the garage, she'll have a beautiful classic machine of her own.
Today, we are starting on a sewing project together. It will be an adorable red polka dot dress for Momo to wear to church. We found the pattern, open source, on BurdaStyle.com. Hopefully we'll have it done by tomorrow.
We hope to get some pictures posted soon.